Library is well equipped to support and facilitate the teaching, learning, and research programs of the institute. The library is the knowledge resource center of the institutions with a 1547.27 sq. mt area. Its stocks over 59,265 books. The Library has a spacious interior with a reading area to accommodate 150 students at a time. A new Library is under construction which occupies a total area of 40,000 sq, ft. spread out over 3 floors with a spacious interior reading area to accommodate 350 students at a time. The Library was initially automated with Book Magic, one of the leading Windows-based Library automation Software. The application is a synonym for Library Management. Now, it is upgraded to KOHA, (version:19.05.04000) which is the world’s best open source library automation software. It is a fully-featured, scalable Library Management system used by over 3000 academic public and special libraries around the world. KOHA has all the modules in a functional Library software –Acquisition, serials, members circulation cataloging reports, and tools. KOHA is standard compliant-MARC 21 (or UNIMARC ) for cataloging, Z39.5 for copy cataloging, UTF-8 for non-English catalog data, and SIP2 for RFID integration. The software facilitates users to renew, reserve, and recommend books in online mode. Remote access to the electronic database is provided to users creating a login id and password.
- Total No. of Books in the Library – 59524 vols.
- Total No. of Titles in the Library – 46253 vols.
- Total No. of TBL Books (Book Bank) – 6556 vols.
- No. of Reference Books – 6485 vols.
- No. of Journals & Periodicals sub. in the year – 71 Nos.
- Total No. of Bound Journals – 1556 Nos.
- Total No. of Non book Materials – 994 Nos.
ISSUE TIME OF BOOKS:-
PG Students & Facility : 9 am to 4.15 pm
UG Students : 9.30 am to 4 pm
RETURNING TIME OF BOOKS:-
PG Students & Faculty : 9 am to 4.15 pm
UG Students : 9.30 am to 4 pm
- Students are allowed to carry only blank sheets of paper and pen with them to the library.
- Personal articles such as bags, books, umbrellas, files, mobile phones etc are not allowed in the library and should be kept outside before entering the library.
- Strict silence is to be maintained in the library and its premises.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- All the students and staff of the college are members of the library and have free access to books and journals They are expected to follow all the rules of the library .
- Ordinarily, books will not be issued to non-members. In an exceptional case the Principal may permit non members to have access to the library or to borrow books on such terms as the Principal determines.
- Students are entitled to borrow books on the production of Borrower Cards. Lost cards will be replaced only on payment of fine.
- Loss of Borrower Cards must be reported immediately to the Librarian. Unless duly reported, the students will be responsible for the misuse of lost cards. Borrower Cards are not transferable.
- The Borrower Cards should be submitted at the end of the course or before taking T C from the college.
- For taking books from the Library, students must bring their individual Borrower Cards. The Borrower Cards should be shown at the library counter before selecting the books. The books and borrower cards should be submitted at the library counter for issuing books.
- Only four books at a time are issued from the library. They must be returned within a fortnight. Reference books should be returned within seven days.
- Students failing to return books within the prescribed period of time should pay a fine of Re I/- per day on each book.
- The borrower should examine the book issued to them and any damage or defect of any sort, if noticed, should be reported to the librarian before leaving the counter.
- All documents or books borrowed from the library by the students, and the members of the Staff should be returned on or before the last working day of the academic year or on the date fixed by the librarian.
LOSS OF READER’S BORROWER CARD& IDENTITY CARD
The members are responsible for the Library Member ID card issued to them. Loss of Borrower card should be reported to the circulation section immediately. Duplicate ID card will be issued on payment on Rs.10/-. In case of loss of books, the borrower shall either replace the book or bear its cost.
Library membership is open to the teachers, students and non-teaching staff of the college. Membership to any other category of users can be given only with the approval of the Library Advisory Committee.
LOAN OF BOOKS
- The borrowing facility is restricted to the members only. Member must borrow books personally from the library.
- The period of loan for all categories of members will be 15 days and for teachers it is limited to 30days.The request for renewal should be received in the library before the due date of return. Renewal will not be done if the book is under reservation. For renewing a book, members should come to the library with book and the member’s ID card.
- A book will be issued to the borrower against production of Library Member ID card issued by the Librarian, failing which the library will refuse to issue/return books to her.
- Loose issues and bound volumes of Periodicals& Reference books will not be issued out. The Librarian reserves right to recall any book from any member at any time.
- The Librarian may shorten the loan period if the books are on special demand.
A member can reserve a book that is on loan and on display (New additions).
The college is registered under the NLIST program and hence entitled to access the e-resources (6000+e-journals and 31,35,000 +e-books). The staff and students of the college may log in to the website of NLIST and enjoy the above facilities. The login details are available with the Librarian. Registered users can access e-journals and other electronic resources using NLIST. Institutional resources like previous year’s question papers, newspaper clippings, e-books, and dissertation thesis are made available to the users through Digital Library using D space. There is also an institutional repository. The library has a Plagiarism Checking facility using URKUND-Original software (supported by UGC INFLIBNET) access provided by Calicut University. The software helps to detect possible plagiarism in a document and generates a report showing the similarities with other documents.
All the Departments have their own sectional libraries. Faculty in charge makes arrangements for the issue and return of books and holds herself responsible for the books.
Text Book Library
There is a Text book library or book bank maintained on grants from the University Grants Commission. A separate section of the college library contains standard text books in all subjects.