- Creating awareness on disasters and improving understanding of disaster hazards and vulnerabilities
- Enhance effective response to promote recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction
Kerala has witnessed disasters like severe floods which brought about massive damage to lives and property. To add to the woes was the onset of the pandemic, which crumbled the peace and economy of Kerala. The college has tried to rise up to the situation by organizing disaster mitigation activities.
The staff and students assisted victims during Covid –19. Faculties served as Sectoral Magistrates, Covid duties during Legislative/ Local body Election and Presiding officers. Students were part of Rapid Rescue Team and Sannadhasena. Distribution of Masks and Sanitizers by Departments and mobile phones as study aids was done
EVIDENCE OF SUCCESS
The institution has initiated stress relief sessions to remove the negative emotional distress of staff and students. The Awareness programmes prepared the students to face the pandemic, maintain personal hygiene and well-being, remain safe and support the community in need.
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED & RESOURCES REQUIRED
- Lack of public transportation facilities
- Adapting life to the directions issued by the government departments was challenging
- Students were unable to lend helping hands due to the threat of the pandemic